Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It’s a small world


You may not what is in store for you. Really it’s a surprise to meet your Bangalore roommate in somewhere a remote county in US and be a roommate again. That’s what happened to me. I was initially reluctant to take up the new project as the location was remote and crime stats are not so good and high cost of living. But that was the only option left out for me in the multiple choice question. Place is Bensalem and 30 miles from Philly, PA. Hoping that my stay will not get extended in Hotel ExtendedStay more than a week, I started to Bensalem. And here comes the surprise, I met my friend in the client location. Rightnow sharing an apartment with him, but big task lies ahead. Need to setup family here – No, not in that way. Need to book an apartment here and arrange for a travel for my wife.

This place is 1 hour drive from NY and NJ. Most of the ‘desi’ guys here in the apartment commute to NY or NJ for work on daily basis. Rent is pretty high, 1200 for 2B2B or 900 for 1B1B – definitely not worth for an older apartment. But this is supposed to the ‘safer’ place when compared to other townships in lower bucks county. Hopefully I should get one within a month or so. Let’s wait and watch.

And plan for long weekend? As replied to my manger: “Am going to India”. If I have an option, I would prefer that.

0 comments: